Vince’s Market Coterie Pasta Sauces
When I choose a pasta sauce, I read the label to check for simple ingredients, consisting of natural whole foods. I want to make sure that it is free of additives, preservatives and added sugar. Coterie pasta sauces are just that: simple and healthy.
The healthiest way to make pasta is to add lots of colourful vegetables and herbs for an assortment of nutrients. It is also important to choose a healthier noodle. Options like whole wheat, spelt or Kamut pasta have more fiber and the goodness of whole grains. This will make the meal more satisfying, helping you to eat a healthier portion. Don’t forget to add a salad on the side, to increase your intake of veggies and to balance off the carbs in the pasta.
Here is a quick and easy pasta recipe that you can have ready in less than an hour.
Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
1 bottle Vince’s Coterie Pasta Sauce with Basil
1 lb of boneless chicken breast
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1-½ cups chopped onion
1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
1 cup zucchini (cubed)
1 red pepper (chopped)
Virgin Olive oil
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Penne Pasta Noodles (whole wheat, spelt or kamut)
- Slice chicken into cubes and fry in olive oil with sea salt and pepper over medium heat until cooked. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and sauté for a few minutes until onion is soft.
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini and red pepper, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce and chicken.
- Simmer sauce on low for about 15 minutes to let flavors blend.
- Prepare pasta noodles as directed on the package.
- Combine noodles with sauce and top with fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese.
Let us know what you think! We love getting feedback. Here on this blog, you can opt for commentluv. This is a great opportunity to leave a link back to your own blog when you leave a comment.
Until next time,