Barbeque Season is here and it’s time to fire up the grill! Usually we think of putting meat on the barbeque, but how about something different – pineapple. It’s one of my favorite things to BBQ. Here is a basic guide and recipe on how to grill pineapple. I have also included the nutrition facts on pineapple.
Pineapple is full of natural digestive enzymes and vitamin C. When you eat a heavy meal, pineapple is a great way to give your digestion a boost. This makes a natural addition to the traditional BBQ fare of lots of meat.
This recipe is always a hit at backyard BBQ parties. It has the perfect combination of sweet and spicy.
Easy Grilled Pineapple Recipe
- 1 fresh pineapple
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper (or adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
What you do:
- Heat the BBQ to high, brush the grates with olive oil.
- Remove skin of pineapple, and cut crossways into slices, remove the core. Slices should be about one inch in thickness. You should be left with pineapple rings. To make it even easier, buy your pineapple with the skin removed and cored.
- Whisk together the cayenne, maple syrup, olive oil and salt in a small bowl.
- Place pineapple on BBQ and brush half of sauce.
- Cover and cook 4 minutes.
- Turn and brush on remaining sauce.
- Cook for 4-5 more minutes until you get nice grill marks on both sides.
Nutrition of Pineapple: Full of Digestive Enzymes and Vitamins
Pineapple is a very healthy fruit. Some of its benefits include:
- High in vitamin C and manganese
- Good source of Vitamin B6, Thiamin and copper
- Great source of dietary fiber
One of the unique things about pineapple is that it contains the enzyme bromelain which is a very powerful digestive enzyme. In fact, most digestive enzyme supplements feature this enzyme, and it has been proven to help your digestion and decrease inflammation in the body. The best way to get the enzyme is directly from the source, so just eat the fresh fruit.
So try this grilling recipe the next time you BBQ and let us know what you think! We love getting feedback here at Vince’s Market. Don’t forget to leave a link back to your own post via the commentluv feature!
Until next time,