Christmas is only 3 days away, have you started your Christmas shopping?
For those of us who leave it to the last minute, here is a great DIY Christmas present you can throw together in a hurry. The best gifts are those made with love!
S’mores Cookies – In a Jar!
This recipe from Bargain Briana is thoughtful, tasty and perfect as a last minute gift!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (1 cup)
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
What to do:
Directions for Jar Gift
- Break graham crackers up into large pieces and place in food processor or coffee grinder and process until crumbs are fine-almost like flour (or you can buy a box of crumbs in the baking aisle).
- In a medium bowl stir together all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Layer ingredients in quart mason jar in this order- flour mixture, graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips, marshmallows.
- Halfway through you will need to mash down your ingredients and again at the top, it is a tight fit. If you wish you can put marshmallows in a separate bag to avoid smashing them.
- To dress up my jar a little I wrapped the ring in twine, and cut a piece of patterned paper to the size of the lid. I wrote the baking directions on the back of the paper.
Directions for Baking
You can write these directions on a tag and fix it around the neck of the jar.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine jar contents with 1 ½ sticks of softened butter, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 egg.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheet 2” apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until edges are golden brown.
For those of you who have run out of time and energy, don’t worry we’ve still got you covered! Come into any Vince’s location and you’ll be greeted with a variety of holiday goodies for any person on your list. You can’t go wrong with Fraktals, made right here in York Region, or Baci Chocolates.
As always, we welcome your questions and feedback. You can leave a comment right here on the site. Or head on over and join in the conversation on Facebook (remember to ‘Like’ the page) and Twitter. If you haven’t already signed up to receive our weekly news delivered right to your inbox (including the blog, our weekly product feature, signup for our Coterie Program, and our recipe of the week), you will find the signup by clicking here.
Merry Christmas from Vince’s Market!